The Village Foundation will provide a mentoring program for students to improve their academic standing and self-esteem. Mentors and mentees discuss difficulties with school or social relationships, become involved in special school and community projects.
The Mentor and Mentee Program includes topics and information in the following:
- The power of positive relationships: Mentoring programs in the school and community.
- Making students’ part of the safe schools solution.
- Where homeboys feel at home in school.
- The positive effects of mentoring economically disadvantaged students.
- Cross-age mentoring program for social skills development.
- Inner-city youths helping children: After-school programs to promote bonding and reduce risk.
- Mentoring and tutoring help (MATH) program fights truancy.
- Mentoring through accessible and authentic opportunities.